Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Odds Are

This song has been on auto repeat around here these days.



See, I live in a constant state of "waiting for the other shoe to drop." I wouldn't say I'm a pessimist. I don't exactly go around expecting bad stuff to happen. But I do live in a state of realizing bad things often happen to good people because I've watched it happen more times then I can count. And although I've had my ups and downs in life I have to admit that all things considered I've had a pretty darn good life. So I guess I'm constantly aware that my "luck" may run out at any time

I think this is why this song really struck a chord with me the very first time I heard it, because it gave me permission to stop worrying about what may happen someday. Because, odds are it's gonna be alright.

Not to get too morbid or anything but I heard once the statistic that one in four will get cancer at some point in their life. Which sounds awful. Except that it means that 3 people DIDN'T get cancer. So really the odds are that I WON'T. Right?'

Plus the music video totally cracks me up! (But maybe that's just because of my background in broadcast journalism.)

My very VERY favorite part, though, is that the song lyrics say "but somewhere in the world someone is gonna fall in love by the end of this song" and so I like to imagine that every single time I listen to it somebody actually falls in love, and that the more I listen the more people will fall in love! You know, like how every time a bell rings an angel get its wings......it makes me feel happy to think that I'm helping fill the world with love.


No comments: