Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Monday, April 7, 2008

I love Mondays!

Crazy, huh? I mean NOBODY likes Monday. But we have a new routine at our house that makes me simply adore Mondays.

You see, Monday is laundry day.

Laundry Day

So we stay home all day. I usually run around in my most comfortable sweats or work out clothes and the kids hang out in jammies all day. I don't try to get any other housework done, it's just laundry day. So in the morning while clothes are washing I play a lot with the kids in between changing over loads.

After lunch and after all the clothes are clean it is movie time. So we hop in the car and go get our free Monday rental at Red Box. (you too can get a free movie code texted to your cell phone each Monday)

Then we watch movies while we fold all the many loads of laundry. I usually rent a chick flick, something I know my husband will hate and I get to watch it without all the peanut gallery remarks.

Meals are low-key on Mondays, too. Like today the kids and I are eating pop tarts and popcorn for lunch. Dinner will be left overs from Sunday dinner last night.

So tell me truly now, what's not to love about Mondays?

8 comments:

Principessa said...

Way to make a positive out of something that could be a real negative. :)

orangemily said...

Man, that's a lot of laundry!

My system is kinda goofy it correlates the day of the week's 1st letter and the load for that day's 1st letter, ie Monday = Moira, Tuesday = towels and Weds = whites. The rest of the days aren't as nifty though.

I do the same thing with my free Monday code for Redbox, get a chick flick that I know Rich would never watch.

Andria said...

Hmm, a routine, huh? That might make my life a little easier.

HeidiPie said...

Emily, I think your coding of the laundry is so funny, I've never even thought of it that way. I usually do mine on Thurs...or Sat night...or whenever myself and the kids have run out of clothes. LOL, We do whites at least once a week and then the lights and darks about every 1 1/2-2 weeks, also a load of towels/burp clothes, etc. Let's just say I stockpile things, I must admit that I like folding clothes while watching American Idol lately...but this week the laundry is already done (from Sat. night.) YAY

MAH said...

I wish I could do laundry during the week. But our electricty is on "Time of Day". So our cheaper rates come after 11 at night during the week and then all weekend. So we get to spend all weekend getting clothes done. By then there is a huge couple of loads. Sad, I don't look forward to the weekend.

Michael said...

I just have to say how great it is to be the recipient of clean clothes.

Kristin said...

OK you are going to hate me...but Wednesday is my laundry day. However since we don't have a washer/dryer here in Dominica, we actually send out our laundry. It comes back all neatly folded and only a few things need to be ironed. Don't hate me too much...I pay up the nose for it and I actually would prefer to do it myself if there were a facility here.

Anisha Hill said...

I don't really dread Monday's just because it is so crazy busy around here, all the days just kind of mesh together. I love your Monday's though. How fun!! Maybe when I'm done with school and I have a house of my own then I'll have to copy you!!