Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

From fabulous to flat in 1 week

If you'll recall I wrote last week about my new fabulous bread recipe. I made it again on Monday this week with the same fabulous results.

Yesterday I made it again, and it was a complete disaster! It tasted like sand. I figured I must've accidentally left out an ingredient. So I threw that loaf away, washed out my bread pan and started another loaf. With similarly disastrous results.

What went wrong? I'm using the same recipe! I'm so confused!!!! Just when I thought I had it all figured out, I'm back to square one again. Sigh.

Anybody actually tried my recipe? Is it working for you? It is user error I have going on here? Or is my recipe somehow flawed...even though I used it twice with perfect results? sigh. Now what?

6 comments:

Dana said...

I have no idea...bread is weird like that. So I decided to try your recipie out but I dont' have dough conditioner. I want to make it but what the heck is lecthin?

Ryan said...

Could it be the bread-maker? I mean have you tried an old-standby recipe in it to be sure that it's really the recipe? We have several unknowns here...an undetermined matrix you might say. (Can you tell I just took a liner algebra test?)

Jen said...

Could it be the yeast? Maybe you got some dead yeast.

Karen said...

Could be water temprature, too. Or could be a window open that wasn't before. I swear, bread can be more fickle than most teenage girls.

Holly said...

I dunno, bad yeast?

One time my fluffy dinner rolls came out like hockey pucks. I think I killed the yeast with a too-hot temp before it had a chance to make the bread rise.

Andria said...

I think it is a curse! Did you tick off an old woman recently who is actually a fairy queen in disguise? Seriously, that's all I've got for ya.