Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Flashback Friday

I was so excited last week to write about President's Day that I totally forgot that it was also Valentine's Day. And I've got a really fun Valentine's Memory.

When I was a sophomore in High School I somehow managed to convince a bunch of the boys I knew to write me secret admirer letters. I don't pretend to remember what my motivation was. Nor do I understand why so many of them actually complied with my request. Apparently I was quite convincing. Or maybe they were just all afraid of what I'd do to them if they didn't. I'm really not sure. And yes, I have kept them all for these many years.

So, for your reading pleasure today, some belated Valentines sentiments.

Love Letter

Love Letter

Love Letter

Love Letter

Love Letter

Love Letter

Love Letter

Love Letter

Love Letter

Love Letters

Love Letters

Love Letters

Love Letters

Love Letters

10 comments:

HeidiPie said...

Whoa! And I never knew....;) I will definitely have to come back later today to read through all of these thoroughly, when my child isn't screaming and hanging on me.

MAH said...

These are funny. And are you sure they are from guys? The hand writing on quite a few is very decent! HAhaha.

Nicole said...

Yea, they're from guys. The really good handwriting is Riley. You will remember Riley from this post And yes, his handwriting really was that good.

orangemily said...

Wow, you had quite the slew of admirers!
Was Mike among them?

Karen said...

That was great!!!!!! I wonder if I could bribe my husband into such a note?
Ya, probably not.

Jen said...

now that is really cool. I loved all the letters. totally took me back.

Andria said...

I'm sorry, but as a teacher, I must ask you this: When did you have time to learn anything when you were so busy reading all of those love letters? And did you ever feel compelled to fix their grammar?

HeidiPie said...

So, I went back and read ALL of them. They were great! I especially liked the 4th one...and one of the others really sounds like Mike to me...anyways...

Andria said...

Hmm, interesting comment, Heidi. Is one of the notes from Mike? Hmmm?

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

Good grief! These are such treasures you've held on to. I can't even find things that were written to me a few months ago. Not that I get a bunch of love letters all the time. I just mean notes I get from my husband that I can't help but keep!