Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Intentions

I began the day with such high hopes. Here was what I intended to do with my day

-Blog a humorous Flashback Friday post
-Comb my hair
-Apply makeup
-Brush teeth
-Get needed items to start an small herb garden on my deck
-Play with kids
-Clean my kitchen
-Read my book
-Cut out my quilt blocks
-Curl up with my honey and watch a movie once the kids were in bed

This is what I instead did

-Clean up pee-pee mess of 3 year old from carpet
-Scold 3 year old
-Get milk sippies
-Clean up pee-pee mess of 5 year old
-Scold 5 year old
-Change baby's diaper
-Load dishwasher
-Wash pee-pee clothes
-Clean up poop mess of 3 year old
-Scold 3 year old and send her to her room
-Make lunch for kids, which nobody eats
-Wash more dishes
-Mop bathroom floor where 3 year old has, yet again, peed her pants
-Send 3 year old to her room, again
-Wash more potty accident clothes and rugs
-Change baby's diaper
-Regret decision to put baby in toddler bed when he won't stay there during naptime
-Feel guilty for scolding children and call pediatrician to see if there may be a medical reason they keep peeing their pants
-Decide to go to Happy Hour at Sonic
-Discover that they are all out of Diet Dr. Pepper
-Order a Mango limeade instead
-Carhop brings a watermelon limeade to my car and informs me they were out of Mango, too
-Take one sip of watermelon limeade and decide it stinks
-Pour watermelon limeade down sink
-Get home and find that 3 year old has peed her pants AGAIN and Uncle Ryan had to clean it up
-Tell my children that we are SO NEVER EVER GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!
-Send her to her room again
-Start another load of laundy
-Call my SIL so she could talk me out of beating my children



Well, you get the picture. It was one of THOSE days.

In other words-you have to wait until tomorrow for Flashback Friday. I know, I know, then it won't be FRIDAY. But it's my blog and if I want a Saturday edition of Flashback Friday then, by golly, that's what I'll do!

That is, of course, assuming tomorrow goes better than today.

Perhaps I'll just put them all in swimsuits and lock them in the backyard. Then they can pee all they want! Right?

And just in case you were wondering...I still haven't brushed my teeth! I'll go do that right now.

8 comments:

Kara said...

who ever said being a stay at home mom was easy was the biggest LIAR under the sun. I have those days too.... its usualy Kim laughing at what my kids did that keeps me from wanting to hurt them. AND for consolation, my 3 year old is not doing so hot on the potty training either, even the poop training is out the window!

HeidiPie said...

I'm not in favor at THOSE days either. I'm sorry that bites. I think you should totally stick them in their bathing suits tomorrow and send them outside. Pee all they want.

Andria said...

Sounds like an absolutely exhausting day. And I don't know what's worse: that the children kept peeing (I'm living that right now too) or that Sonic was out of diet DP.

Jen said...

I had one of those days to do to. I am coping with an open bottle. ;)

Krista said...

I heard that letting the kids run around without pants outside is really good way to potty train actually. Then they can see and feel when they go. Then you can just hose them off. So put on some sunscreen, get a Dr. Pepper and hang out in the backyard!

Krista said...

P.S. Potty training sucks and there's really nothing positive to say about it except that it's nice when it's over! Keep smiling, it does happen eventually.

Annj said...

I am so glad to hear someone else has days like that too. I am alwyas afraid my neighbors are going to call the cops on me for yelling at my children too much especially when one poops her pants and the other just plain won't listen. ugh! Oh well good luck with tomorrow,

orangemily said...

Wow, what a day!

So I'm catching up and read this post 2nd (so now I know what you did with Zoey's toddler bed).

Good luck!