Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Flashback Friday

Somewhere pigs must be flying, because I'm finally posting another Flashback Friday!

As always, I had something much more elaborate in mind. Something that required scanning LOTS of pictures. And just thinking about it made my head hurt.

So I settled on something a little less elaborate but I think you will enjoy it.

Back when I was a wee lass of just 5 years old (I may have even started when I was 4) I was a member of a children's singing/performing group called The Rainbow Connection.

Me

Wasn't I adorable?

The group picture is fun as well.

The Group

Yes, I still am THAT short.

AAAAAAND, for extra credit, only available to those who aren't actually related to me, can you pick out my older brother in the picture? (answer at the end)

It was a grand time, really. I once even had a solo. I got to sing the first line of Tomorrow, from Annie. "The sun'll come out, tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun" Yes, that was my 3 seconds of fame, with no fortune. Plus I'm pretty sure I only got the solo because I had red hair.

My brother also had a solo-"Eyes that look like heaven, lips like sherry wine. Elvira!" Or something like that. I'm sure he could tell you.

I also remember wearing a single white glove and singing Beat It

We have many miles of old home movies, on 8mm, of The Rainbow Connection performing. Which is ironic, since it's a SINGING group, and 8mm is silent. Nevertheless, judging from all the reels of Rainbow Connection my parents have my dad recorded every single performance ever. I'm not sure this would've been the case had it not been silent film. Because, let's face it, you didn't have to audition to be in the group and we were, after all, just kids.

And, for those of you still playing at home, THIS one is my older brother.

The Group

7 comments:

HeidiPie said...

I'm loving your flashback. I remember when you were in that group and I also remember that background. Same one for my dance group. Must've been the background every group used. You're cute as a button and so short!! ;)

Andria said...

Oh, okay, the only answer I ever know and I don't get to answer because I'm related to you.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Flashback Friday back. I was starting to go through withdrawls.

Annj said...

Wow those costumes were u-g-l-y. Maybe that is where Richard started getting into suspenders, he was so envious of you in your sequin ones. lol

SophistiKate said...

Yay for Flashback Friday! And, I totally picked out Richard. Not that it counts, because I am related. And you are so cute! And I don't know Annj, I think I could dig those mulitcolored pants with the tights. I wonder if I could find some in my size ;)

orangemily said...

What a cute older brother you have!
I'm lovin' this flashback, it's so fun!
I REALLY want to see those home movies!
P.S. We should start planning now, what embarrassing group can we sign our kids up for?

Holly said...

Look at cute little you! Bet you're a great singer.

So you do Michael Jackson impressions? Who knew?

UTSquishy said...

Actually, I was in this group before my sister, and I seem to remember the first year wearing Mork from Ork style rainbow suspenders.