Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Name that Movie Monday

Did you think I was lost? Did you think I had forgotten about all of you, my faithful followers? Never!

In case you missed the memo I was gone to Nevada for a funeral. And as long as we were driving that far we turned it into an impromptu family vacation.

I originally had intended to lug my laptop along and blog about what we were doing, including the beautiful pictures of Lake Tahoe taken from the deck of the home we were staying in.

But the day before we left my laptop up and died and I had to go on a computer fast for more than a week.

I will admit that I twittered via my phone. But I didn't blog. I didn't check email. (Well, I sort of checked email, via my phone, but it was hard to respond to any.) And you know what....I actually survived!

Oh it was hard the first few days. I was having some serious withdrawl. I didn't know what ya'll were up to. I missed your witt and charm. But I spent quality time with my family. And of course I watched a few movies. And played on the beach at Lake Tahoe. And took about a million pictures with my new camera.

And inasmuch as I am now tied to the desktop my computer time will still probably be limited. And I'm okay with that. It's summer. Time to be outside. Time to pull some weeds. Time to visit the park and the pool. Oh sure, I'll check in now and then.

Like on Mondays. So---are you ready for a new movie quote? Because I am SO ready to give it you!

Hey, who you calln' scruffy lookn'?

And now for the bad news. Redbox is discontinuing free movie Mondays. They will only be arriving the first Monday of each month through the end of summer and then they are Gone Like the Wind! (and no, that's not the answer to today's movie quote)

So-no code today. So go out and do some yard work instead!

9 comments:

SophistiKate said...

WOT?! No more Redbox Free Movie Mondays?! Now that I think about it, I never have actually used the code...

As for the movie quote, my answer is the same as it is most of the time. Sounds familiar, can't pin point it though... I'll be checking back for the answer and once someone does name it I'll say, "Oh, yeah! Of course!"

Andria said...

Okay, if the quote were from Gone with the Wind, you know that I'd get it. But, again, I have no idea.

HeidiPie said...

I will still enjoy reading your blogs. Even when they quit doing the movie codes and even though I never know what movie it is either. I think I could've watched the movie yesterday and still not know. =( Ah-well, did you have fun on vacation?!!

Annj said...

I would like to say Ditto to what Heidi said. I guess it is the pregnancy amnesia setting in.

Holly said...

No idea.

But I did see some of your tweets. Glad your laptop and you are back. :)

Nicole said...

No winner yet....maybe if I gave away real prizes I'd get more guesses. Would it help if I told you that the line was uttered by Harrison Ford?

orangemily said...

I've been out of town for a week and I still may get it first. Star Wars!! The only problem is I can't tell you which one (4, 5 or 6) that's up to Richard.
I just asked him, he said the 2nd one (meaning the 5th one chronologically).

orangemily said...

Rich: Empire Strikes Back

SophistiKate said...

Ack! I can't believe it! I missed the Star Wars quote. :(

Speaking of Star Wars, I just finished watching the third one not less than an hour ago. Love them! :)