Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Name that Movie Monday

Uncle! I cry Uncle! I haven't gotten around the posting today's movie quote. You may not realize the amount of effort I put into each Monday post. I don't simply rely on my own memory, or even the internet, which is often wrong. (I know, you're shocked) Oh no. I actually put in each movie I use a quote from and make sure I am quoting it exactly right, word for word. And well, I just haven't gotten around to that part yet. Sigh.

And since I still have miles to go before I sleep I don't plan on getting around to it today.

So instead of putting it off and doing a Tuesday Edition again this week I decided that I am going to let YOU, my faithful reader, quote YOUR favorite movie and see if I can guess it.

Go ahead. See if you can stump me. Could be fun. :) I won't even cheat and try to look it up. If I don't know it I'll admit so. How's that for a fair deal? Will you play along?

9 comments:

ME Moon said...

"Not counting the mezzanine"

REALLY obscure....hardly any context there at all. major kudos to whomever gets it! (and doesn't think i'm more than a little weird)

ME Moon said...

or another quote, same movie, "You know, for kids!"

Dana said...

First movie I saw with my DH when we dated.


"No, you wait a minute. You want to kill the good guy but not be the bad guy. Doesn't work like that. You have to wait until the bad guy kills the good guy, then when you kill the bad guy, you're the good guy."

Other guy "So - just to clarify - if we do his job we're the bad guys, and if we do our job we're the good guys."

Yes.

That's......um.... great.

Dana said...

and my current favorite movie (I confess, I had to look up a quote from the other one cause this is pretty easy)

"Well let me see, so far the score is chivalry two, gratitude zero."

orangemily said...

This isn't my favorite movie, but the one I most recently watched and funny at that!

"Do you prefer "fashion victim" or "ensembly challenged"?"

Also:

"So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so."

And don't forget to check out the movie "A Good Year" I think you guys will like it.

HeidiPie said...

"Rochefort. Isn't that a smelly kind of cheese?" - Too easy?

Jessica said...

Your blog has been nominated for the Utah Baby Guide 2009 Blog Contest. You need to get people to vote for you quick- the contest ends tomorrow night at 11:59 pm. You can direct people to go here for more info: http://www.utahbabyguide.com/blog-contest.html

Thank you and good luck!
Jessica Taufer
Editorial Director
801-805-4862
jtaufer@utahbabyguide.com
www.utahbabyguide.combriesat

Wes and Dani said...

Friend 1: I don't know all the 'therapy' words, but I just gotta say: She's always up in my 'biz-nus.'

Friend 2: I'm sorry, but when someone falls asleep with a curling iron in their hair, it becomes necessary to insert yourself in their 'biz-nus.'

Friend 1: "Ugh! That only happened twice!"

Nicole said...

@Liss-Hudsucker Proxy-only because YOU made me watch it and you have a huge movie poster of it framed.

@Dana-Second one is Ella Enchanted. First one....no clue. You stumped me. Congrats.

@Orangemily-I'm not sure because I've only seen the movie once but if I had to guess it would be Clueless. But it's just a guess. I don't really know.

@Heidipie-I'm also guessing on yours but based on the name I'm guessing Three Musketeers, the Disney version. And I think Porthos said it because it's my favorite book and that's his personality.

@Wes and Dani-No clue. Not even a guess. You also stumped me!