Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I should've had a V8

You know those moments when you come up with the PERFECT thing to say....10 minutes too late! I had such a moment today. It left me doing the "could've had a V8" head slap. (please tell me you remember the commercials....because if I have readers that don't, well that just makes me old!)

Anyway, I was teaching a class at church today and the topic was obedience. And for some reason whenever you start talking about "things you should be doing" at church the topic of emergency preparedness and food storage comes up. And I will be the first to admit that I am no expert in this area. So I'm trying to get the class back on track, so hoping to end this particular topic of conversation I say that somebody who is good at food storage will have to come teach me, and I can in turn help them with something that I'm good at. I thought that would end the discussion, but then somebody pipes up in the back "Well, what are you good at?"

I got flustered at the question and mumbled something under my breath and then tried to move on with the lesson.

10 minutes later I thought of how I should've responded. I wish that when the question shot up at me from the back of the room "Well, what are you good at?" that I had looked directly back at this women and said "Multiplying and replenishing the earth."

8 comments:

MAH said...

Hear, Hear. I like that! If you ever say that to some one I would love to hear what their reaction is!

Andria said...

I have often had those moments. Someday, my brain will be quick. One day...Oh, oh, you should have said, "Not swearing out loud at people who ask stupid questions." But maybe that's not appropriate for church. Maybe that's why they don't let me teach adults at church.

Krista said...

You should have just told her to come over and help start your food storage and find out what you're good at! You may have had more volunteers come over just to find out!

Karen said...

I would love to have a rewind button in life! You are a funny woman Nicole. Multiplying and Replenishing....LOL

orangemily said...

Yes, but would you want to teach her that!!

Jodi said...

I stumbled across your blog and I just have to say I laughed out loud when I read your post. I can just imagine the look on the ladies faces if you would have said that out loud. It was probably the lord giving you a stupor of thought that didn't allow you to think of the response in time. hehe.

HeidiPie said...

HA HA HA and you're supposed to share how you do that with them?

Will said...

Comedy at it's finest.