Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Classic chick flick

I just finished watching an oldie but a goodie, Fools Rush In. And as far as oldies but goodies go, it's got to be one of my favorites.

It's one of those movies you go years and years without seeing. You almost forget about it...but then you see it on the $5 rack at the store and you suddenly remember how much you like it. Well, at least I did. So I bought it. And watched it. In the middle of the day. And I didn't even fold laundry while I watched it. Or any other chores for that matter. (well, okay I labeled pictures on flickr while I watched...but that doesn't really count as a chore. And have you noticed how much folding laundry comes up on my blog? hum....)

Anyway, the point is I never just watch a movie alone in the middle of the day for no other reason than watching a movie. But I did, because I really REALLY wanted to watch Fools Rush In.

So, my two favorite parts.

I love when he says "You're everything I never knew I always wanted." I mean, does it get any more perfect than that?

And I love when he comes home and she's fixing dinner in the kitchen and she's dancing and she doesn't know he's watching. But he is watching and he mouths the word wow. I'm getting all gooey inside just thinking about it. So sweet!

If you haven't watched it in awhile, do it! And fall in love all over again with a much younger Matthew Perry. You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Andria said...

Didn't we see Fools Rush In together? And you know those movies that when they're on TV you have to stop channel surfing and watch them? That's what this one is for me. I always stop and watch it, no matter how far into the movie it is.

orangemily said...

I forgot how much I loved this movie, I'm going to have to borrow it from you!
So here is a major difference between you and me - at least once a week I sit down and watch a movie in the middle of the day all by myself (and only watch the movie, no double tasking). My weekly little treat, I love it! It's usually on Monday with my free redbox code while Moira is taking a nap, but it's subject to change.

Karen said...

Young Matthew Perry! Yummmmm! You know Selma Hayek is pretty good looking too. Fools Rush in is one of my favorites too.