Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One of Summer's simple pleasures

I love a good cucumber sandwich on a hot summer day. My husband is pulling a funny face as he reads this because he can't think of anything more repulsive, but even if it means he won't kiss me the rest of the day I'm having a cucumber sandwich for lunch!

Lightly toasted bread, thickly spread cream cheese, thinly sliced cucumbers, and a lot of salt! Does it get any better than that? I don't know why I love it so much, I just do. It's salty and sweet and crunchy all at once.

If you're not afraid of salmonella you can even throw on a tomato slice or two, but the tomato is not an essential part of the equation.

Last year Mike has a boss with a garden so once in a while he brought home fresh cucumbers. They were so good it almost made me want to grow my own garden. (almost) Too bad we didn't consider the loss of fresh cucumbers when Mike decided to take a new job last January.

Excuse me now, I have a perfectly good sandwich waiting for me. I can't be bothered by blogging right now.


cucumber sandwich

3 comments:

orangemily said...

Oh man that looks so yummy! I love cucumber sandwiches, especially with tomatos and most especially with homegrown tomato and cucumber. You know Rich is the one that made me my very first cucumber and tomato sandwich, it must be a family specialty!

Andria said...

Mmm, cucumber sandwich. I wish I had some cream cheese right now so I could make one.

HeidiPie said...

I've never had one...I guess I'll have to give it a try if they're so good.