Call me narcissist if you must but this blog is all about ME. I have another blog about my kids, whom I love and adore writing about. But I was Nicole a long time before I was mom and I don't intend to give up being Nicole overnight.

p.s.
You can read all about my kids at Naptime Optional.
Or you can follow along on our Arizona adventure on my 365 project blog.

Friday, July 18, 2008

MIA

I've been a little MIA as of late. (as in "missing in action" not as in "Mama Mia")

So, lest you think I gave up on blogging, thought I'd give a little update as to why I've been a little gone lately.

See, we got this "brilliant" idea to pour a very large patio in the backyard. (like 900+ square feet!) As well as build a new deck large enough to put the grill on, to hopefully prevent any more knock overs. We also getting 2 sheds to store all our crap in and thus also need to fence off the backyard.

And while in the long run it will mean less grass to water and mow, as well as a fabulous place to cook and dine outside can I just tell you that it's a TON of work!?!?!

So while I usually blog in the wee hours of the night when the kids are in bed lately I have been getting up at the crack of dawn to work outside before it gets too hot and so by the wee hours of the night I am out cold. I know you all terribly miss reading my whitty commentary on life in general, but you will just have to wait a while longer because the project is still not even close to being done.

The guy that is pouring the concrete says he is ready to start excavating by next Wednesday, which means we have a TON to get done this weekend!!!! Wish us luck!

In the meantime I'll still be checking in with all your blogs as often as I can, and taking lots of pictures along the way so that when it's all done I can treat you to the ever popular before and after shots.

So please forgive my absence for awhile, I promise I will return! And then when it's all over we'll have a BBQ in my new and improved backyard. I know you can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell me what sheds you're going with--we're in the market for one...
our doggy thinks the grease catcher-thingamajig under the grill is for her. she can't get to it though since our grill is up against the deck railing or the house. maybe that's why the dog went after the grill?
happy yard "remodeling". i need to post more pictures of ours.

Andria said...

Of course I miss reading your blog entries. It gives me something to look forward to during the day.

Karen said...

Yaaaaahhhhhooooo! No more traffic jams at the grill! Ha ha ha! I wondered what happened to you all. I hadn't heard from you in a while.

orangemily said...

Good luck! I can't wait for the BBQ!